ArmA3: Bugs and features Topic

Home Forums Games ArmA 3 General ArmA3: Bugs and features Topic

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Call911 July 14, 2014 at 8:32 pm.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of -=XTRA-=Larsiano
    -=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster
    GetLikeVIPXTRA VeteranFriends

In this topic you can discuss all your Arma3 bugs and features requests that you would liek to share. Not only for the Beta but also the full release can have bugs or missing some features that you would like to see implemented or working correctly. Give a broad discription including every detail that you can think of and maybe we can sent them to the BIS programming team for review.

• Priority:
    • Summary:
    • Description:
    • Steps To Reproduce:
    • Game Version:

Here is my first reported mayor (beta) bug: 0014204: Unnatural gunshake makes proper aiming impossible.

-=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster

A few other thing i dont like about the new game and will have to be taken care of somehow:

-fix start settings (CQB/scope, run/walk, full/single, gun raised/lowered) with autosave

remove UI (all of it if no selection can be made by user) onscreen crap < If you know a mod for this please let me know!

fix gun optics (no 8bit optics please)
    arma32014-02-1721-49-26-29_zps265df7ae.png
    Zoom in on the red lines and youll see what i mean. I changed some setting this one all seems gone now? even dough it shouldnt happen in any setting?

arma32014-03-0119-48-18-90_zps46f87678.png This problem remains (again zoom in on green lines)

weapon resting (this could fix my previous post issue to 90%)
    For this problem the server now allows the VTS_Weaponresting mod, but this has no proper animations

-=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster

Another bug i found this weekend while playing PvP for the first time (King of the Hill) on our server.:

Quote:
    Right now it is impossible to aim up and shoot trough an opening like in the Kavala hospital roof. The radius of the aiming config is too short to support proper aiming up higher than about 2 meters making it impossible to aim up and shoot your target. I could not find a similar bug in the tracker so I make a new one for this:

Feedback tracker bug : 18204

arma3_snipers_screen_01.jpg

-=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster

Today I started the new 1.22 patch for the first time as a test (Domi Nomods 1.22). I walked to MHQ3 a Lynx (or whatever they want to call it now to annoy you) then I start my engine and engage TrackIR5.2 software by unpausing the application. So far so good you would say? But since i was at external view (since the game is too stupid to remember your last settings and makes all the Arma3 players redo every detail of preference after a death or if you simply get in or out of a vehicle over and over again (yes you have to press 15 buttons in Arma to be ready to fire)), so in short i was not in external view by will just by lousy game build.
    I try to switch to external view and bamm!, the game goes crazy, the object start flickering and am watching from an unknown point of origin straight through this chopper we have seen before in A2:BAF over 4 years ago for the first time. So in short ArmA3 is more full of holes than any of their games ever before, they should have been working on it 4 years ago when they said they would but instead just created a hype around an empty coffin mainly their own. Now that the game has been released at least 9 months ago they were not able to address simple issues that should have been dealt with before the game was ever released. Instead they serve you a crappie game, some control freak names Zeus and a mini-kart addon that makes super Mario kart look like the king of games.
    So both waiting for decent players (not like lawyers that shoot teammates in the back) and playing this horribly bad game have made Battlegroup-=XTRA=- more empty than ever, no one wants to play it, no one wants to even know it, the kiddies play wasteland and that was all she wrote.
    I’ve deleted ArmA3 for now hoping that they will soon find another change manager like i suggested to the CEO last year when he destroyed their own game security system (signatuesv2) for arma2 and never even noticed it himself. So I’m back at ArmA2 for now that after 5 years finally runs smooth & can be played at 150% render making it far more beautiful than most of the ArmA3 content. Both A2 & A3 servers will be available i just prefer a bug free game over a series of unfortunate events.

A video especially for Bohemia Interactive Studio Crew members:

Profile gravatar of Call911
    Call911
    Participant

Quick question, i have had ArmA3 since Alpha an have hosted several sessions dating all the way back to ArmA1. here recently with gamespy closing there doors i have not been able to host or connect to a friend who host a session in ArmA3 MP(non Lan). has anybody else experienced this or had issues with hostin in mp for ArmA3? Thoughts suggestions? I had a simalar situation with DCSW where i had to port forward to host in DCSW but i have nvr had an issue hosting a mp sesion in any of the ArmA series games. Thanx,
    Call911

-=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster

with the end of Gamespy steam is now the default browser and steams default port is defined in the Arma3 server config as 27xxx port if this is not forwarded in your network you might run into trouble. What i did was simple change this port in the server config to one within the range of the Arma server for one server and now there are no more problems, hope it helps!

Quote:
    (example port range (of the A3-NoMods) : 2310/2320)

/*
    default 8766, defines port for communication with STEAM services,
    needs to be unique for each dedicated server within one OS instance / network interface
    */
    steamPort=2310;

/*
    default 27016, defines port for server’s STEAM query,
    needs to be unique for each dedicated server within one OS instance / network interface
    */
    steamQueryPort=2311;

Call911
    Participant

That example is on client side or server side an if so i have to port forward my router thru my ISP? Like i had them do for DCSW? Am not to savy on this kind of stuff so guees i been to spoiled over the yrs with ArmA1 an ArmA click to host an wala.
    edit…
    nvm just re-read an remembered seeing them in the server cfg from when I had my ArmA3 server. guess I’ll just have to live with it til i can get my ISP to sort it an maybe have em do DCSW also like they did b4. Thanx for the help :D

-=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster

Network ports should only be configured on servers to let outsiders (browsers, cleints) see the application and connect. Most ISP give the user full access over the router/modem to add / remove network ports were desired. So try and connect to your network router enter the password and see if the DSC ports are still configured. For 1x Arma3 you need ports from a range of 2300/2310 UDP

Quote:
    ArmA2 server requires the following ports open to UDP network traffic. TCP is not needed.

port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.
    port+1 2303 UDP ex-Gamespy public server reporting.
    port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.

source: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

Call911
    Participant

yep an thanx we dont have a router or well as far as i can tell just a house modem I have to goto the domain control panel to make changes just gotta track down login details as i hav’nt messed with it since i tried to edit it for DCSW an ended up havin them do it.

-=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster

Single port modems do not have a router, multi-port modems have a build in router by default. But if you have a separate router that would be the place to forward the ports.

Domain control i have no idea about this sounds like connecting a IP to a domain name to setup a website, different story different config probably, i don’t own a domain and never have?

Call911
    Participant

Yeah probably totally differnt than what i was thinking anyways did’nt take my ISP provider long to figure out, they got it on the first go :D Thanx for the help:)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ChatClick here to chat!+