Current Project (PC Design)

Home Forums Talk Entertainment, Hardware & Software Hardware Corner Current Project (PC Design)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of -=XTRA-=Larsiano November 20, 2010 at 5:31 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Madboy
    Madboy
    Participant

Hi guys so it is time for a new PC (well case) with a my custom water cooling.

I currently have a nice case with Silverstone TJ07 which was used in a previous build, but I feel it is time to do something that little bit more interesting. So the design is based of a concept that i want to add three different independent cooling zones (isolated for 3 triple radiators.

Problem – you can only really fit two triple rads into a TJ07 case, so here comes the design work. I am currently designing a number of additions to the case to increase the space in the case and extend introduce the new cooling zones.

So let the picture roll

1) here is my intial design (all drawn by me) with the extended sections which will be cut from aluminium
    3eea377638701f1198ca4367.jpg

2) A few pictures of the mock up work so far on the case (all done in black cardborad and black tape, very crude)
    54f2042ca57c9d0f25b307fd.jpg

0fcf70a96a8858811afa8db0.jpg

Profile gravatar of Marlboroman
    Marlboroman
    Participant

I can’t see the content of this post, i will have a look when i get in from work but if it’s to do with the pics on home screen then i will be very interested to see the finished product :)

Madboy
    Participant

Hi guys I have been working on the case project and managed to add in the structure of the internals (with steel). Here are a few picture of the current project and my current progress.

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

Madboy
    Participant

Hi guys it feels like it has been a long time since i updated this thread. I have been really busy. I finally got a chance to do some much needed design work on the case good competition coming up for bit-tech. So here are few screen shots from google sketchup (a 3D design package). If you have ever used the program u will understand the work gone into the design so far

Madboy
    Participant

Hi guys feels like a long time since i updated this thread (been really busy). I finally got round to do some design work with google sketch up (3D design program). if you have ever used the program you will understand the complexities involved and time taken to do the designs so far. The designs are only rough and will be finalised a bit later (ready for the competition at Bit-tech http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding/2010/11/01/phobya-case-design-competition/1)

Anyways here are my designs so far hope you enjoy them

this was my first intial design just getting started really

casedesign1.png

I then went back to the drawing board to take into account the dimensions and introduce new ideas

radpsu1-Copy.png

I progress on

radpsu2-Copy.png

introducing new compenents

radpsu3-Copy.png

radpsu4-Copy.png

here is picture with the internal on show (give u a idea of the complexity of the diagrams)

case5.png

radpsu5.png

Until we get to current design (still needs more work and a few new ideas need to be introduced

case4.png

case3.png

case2.png

case1.png

Profile gravatar of -=XTRA-=Larsiano
    -=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster
    GetLikeVIPXTRA VeteranFriends

I like the design a lot and hope you win first price in the contest! What i dont understand about your concept is the sidefans on the radiator that is placed vertically in the front, do they provide sufficient airflow for the rad. or do they serve another purpose? Hope to see the pics including the PC components to get a better idea of what the final result might look like.
    You might know some “passive rads” already but i realy like them so i wanted to show them to you:

4720_0.jpg

and this new realy huge rad.

1974_0.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ChatClick here to chat!+