Domination Xtra – Altis Edit (From GITS edit)

Home Forums Games ArmA 3 General Domination Xtra – Altis Edit (From GITS edit)

This topic contains 62 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by October 26, 2015 at 5:19 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Champy_UK
    Champy_UK
    Participant

Way back in the summer of 2013, BIS broke GITS Evolution and Eggbeast was heavily involved in other projects, Tankbuster offered to make a lightly edited version of his favourite mission, Domination for the guys.

As often happens, it turned into a massive project with a second full time coder(myself) and a small, dedicated and VERY patient team of testers and players within the clan, plus a few other select groups.
    It’s recognisably Domination, the most popular MP mission in the history of the series doesn’t need a great deal of work, but we couldn’t resist putting our own little stamp on it.
    We wanted to be creative so we spent much of our time on new side missions, as well as expanding other little known features, such as the intel system.

There are two versions of the mission, one for Arma 3 vanilla and one that requires some addons to be played.

Features:
    Main:
    – Player base and spawn is at south end of main airbase.
    – Added second ammo box at base which contains clothing and vest items.
    – Teleport from base is from mapboard instead of flag
    – Fortress with static MG to help with base defence.
    – Chopper and Plane service point now amalgamated
    – Prize array contains ALL current west vehicles (except for UAVs)
    – Added heavy lift helicopter to lift tracked vehicles such as MBT,Bobcat and HEMMTs
    – Attack boats added to lift array
    – MHQs now HMG and GMG Hunters (Weapons enabled if undeployed)
    – Can spawn static AA at a deployed MHQ
    – Loading and dropping of ammo boxes removed. Is now in MHQ cargo space. Now contains only ammo
    – Airdropped box now contains only ammo.
    – Medic can create MASH tent
    – Engineer can create FARP from Repair Truck
    Main Targets:
    – 31 Main target towns of differing sizes. From 300m radius to 500m radius.
    – All Towns have additional squads within the buildings in the centre of town
    – Reintroduced secondary main target missions. Now 10 available
    – Paradrop reinforcements replaced by helicopter that lands at main target to unload troops.
    – Custom flag texture on camps
    – Camp model changed to old Arma 2 style
    Sidemissions:
    – 110+ side missions including;
    – 18 Brand new side missions
    – 18 Reimagined existing Xeno side missions
    Other:
    – Custom sounds for calling of artillery
    – Independent faction is sided enemy along with OPFOR
    – Island patrols are Independent faction and spawn three different force compositions
    – Base Saboteurs paradrop into base and plant explosives in base
    – Enemy AI skills now use Skill Array command.
    – Enemy skill settings now called ‘Extra Low’, ‘Low’, ‘Normal ‘and ‘High’ Default setting is ‘Low’
    – Self destruct option for driver of badly damaged MHQ or choppers. (WIP)
    – Admin can use tky_monitor which periodically writes performance data to RPT

Credits & Thanks:
    Xeno for the Domination Mission this is based on.
    SPUN_Fin for some of the funky scripts and Big Pickle for some of the sounds.
    Among the many people who have helped over the years I’ve been fiddling with Domination, Zapat and Pokertour have contributed new scripts. Zapat, in particular, made from scratch, a script that places units near, and makes them look out of building windows.
    Zach72 for his help
    Keewa for the CJTF editor upgrade, Bangabob for his Civilian Occupation System (COS), Eggbeast, F2K Sel and K0rd for help with an aircraft speed restriction script.

thanks to the GITS clan chaps and the others who’ve helped with testing, feedback, bug reports and feature requests.

Anonymous

Addons

From the following link;

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/XTRA_Addons/

The @Bullet hits, STHUD, VTS and CBA are highly recommended. If you do use these, make sure to load CBA first.

Sig checking is on so other addons will prevent joining.

Anonymous

Mission update.

I’ve uploaded a release candidate of 1.24 of the addons version to the XTRA Domination server.

Changelog:
    Added: 2 new side missions, rescue kidnapped TV crew. (145,146)
    Tidied: Ammobox pistol magazines
    Added: Base alarm when base is invaded. (all clear alarm still WIP)
    Removed: Some old debug and admin stuff.
    Removed: Xeno code that manages base enemy sabotage system.
    Added: Tanky code that manages base enemy sabotage system. :)
    Added: Saboteur system now a parameter. Can be turned off when players < 4.
    Improved: Tanky & Champy proprietary setSkill system. Removes the 1KM headshotters and the braindeads & gives the rest of the AI a wide range of skill differences.
    Added: Function to make some civilians speak Greek.
    Back Burnered: Super secret IRIS system.
    Tweaked: Side missions come faster with when server full
    Fixed (again): Run crater clearance missions. Simplified and now work much better. (121-124)
    Reinstated: Dom database system. Should improve TK handling and other stuff.
    Tweaked. Position of truck to be airlifted in air logistics SM. (moved it away from lamp post)
    Tweaked: Mission rebranded XTRA!

I’m away for a week or so and will be checking in only rarely. If something is badly broken I’ll do my best to fix it but can’t promise.

Anonymous

I’ve been fiddling around with Task Force Radio this afternoon.

It seems to be working fine in the mission, though I’ve only tried it on my personal test server with my two players in mission. Although other have reported it giving problems in Domination missions, I’ve not had any issues yet.

It does seem to be a lot less hassle than ACRE, though perhaps not quite as feature packed. As far as I can see, there’s no ‘poor quality transmission’ for comms right at the edge of range, and that’s a shame as it’s one of the things I liked about ACRE, but all in all, I think TFR is the way to go.

If anyone has any tips for the more indepth features of this, I’d love to hear them. In particular, Domi has a bunch of parameters devoted to ACRE. These are redundant now, but was wondering if there are any mission parameters that TFR needs?

Anonymous

Testing went well. Many thanks to Bill for actually getting in there and flying around testing the range and performance of the various radios and BL1P for additional guidance and to Champy for remembering where all the files are in the mission. He’s younger than me! :)

With any luck We’ll have this in the mission within a day or two.

Also, there are updates to TMR-CSO and CBA which I’ll be putting on our file server later.

Profile gravatar of Bill70
    Bill70
    Participant

Was glad to have helped , ,as I wanted to see how TFR worked as ranges as well ;)

Anonymous

I’ve put it up on the main server.

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/GITSDominationA3/

New addons:
    Taskforce Radio

Updated Addons: Please redownload and install.
    CBA
    TMR-CSO

Anonymous

Bad news to report, guys. Task Force Radio was absolutely raping the servers network connection. It was dragging the FPS down and probably ruining every other server on the box.
    So, I’ve removed it from the mission, please can everyone unload the addon and the TS plugin.
    I’m going to contact the author of TFAR and see if he has any ideas about this problem.

Anonymous

I’ve seen this network issue reported by the author on his on github development website.

He seems to think it’s related to using the latest version of CBA. I’ve asked him if we can use an older version.

Anonymous

Few minor updates;

Made the submarine medevac missions slightly easier.
    Improved the civilian system so that it doesn’t spawn town populations when you fly over
    Tried, again, to turn the fog off.

Anonymous

Another small update to the mission on the XTRA server.

Added Meatball weather system. It’s broken in it’s default install (or I’ve not understood the install instructions) but have managed to fix it enough to make it work as intended.

It’s a script not an addon, so there’s no extra stuff for users to do.

Anonymous

Weather system fixed and is now on the XTRA Domi server. Please le us know what you think of it, particularly, the fog.

Bill70
    Participant

Ref the problem with TFR I find it strange that we are having problems with it on our Domi server , after playing on Dedicated rejects server a couple of time’s with TFR running I’m thinking the problem is only on our server , DR are of course running another type of mission ( dynamic AI forces ) where as our Domi mission is using a more scripted AI force
    (correct me if I’m wrong ?) maybe it has something to do with that ?? ..

Anonymous

The mission doesn’t have anything to do with it, Bill, although we initially thought otherwise. TFR doesn’t really interact with the mission in any way.
    It might be something to do with the server in that my current best theory is that it’s related to CBA, indeed, that’s what the author of TFR says too.
    We’ve not tried an older version CBA yet, which is what the author suggests, partly because we’ve heard that ACRE for A3 is due any day and because we’ve been busy with other features.

Bill70
    Participant

rgr that m8 ,, Ref ACRE yeh I heard that the other night from DR peeps as well ..

Now ou come to mention it I did have to update my CBA when I went on DR server !!! will look for a link and put it up here if you want..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ChatClick here to chat!+