Domination Xtra – Altis Edit (From GITS edit)

Home Forums Games ArmA 3 General Domination Xtra – Altis Edit (From GITS edit)

This topic contains 62 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by October 26, 2015 at 5:19 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think it’s the latest version of CBA that is the problem. We should try with an older version.
    I should say at this point that I wasn’t aware anything was wrong with TFAR until Egg came to me and said the box was being raped. The network traffic was through the roof and dragging the whole box down. When we took TFAR down, it stopped.

As a small recompense, I’ll tell you the about feature that is currently on the bench. :) Team leader can call in a UAV, which loiters around a position he marks and then precision drops an LGB on a target lasered by players. Initial tests have gone well, I just need to integrate it into the mission.

Anonymous

Little update to the mission put up last night with a few small fixes and tweaks.

* The tanker vehicles (HEMMT Fuel and Bobcat) now spawn with full cargo fuel tanks.

* Tanker vehicles will have their cargo fuel tanks refilled by the vehicle service point.

* Helicopters will have full fuel tanks on respawn.

* Airlift supplies side missions changed so players have to lift a truck, not a container.

* Decorative base ammo boxes now all empty of supplies.

Two further things to mention. Firstly, the UAV CAS system is not in place yet, it’s still being worked on and secondly, the current build of the game is very laggy and desyncy. It’s possible players will see very weird stuff that is not down to the mission and hopefully, this willbe fixed soon by a hotfix.

Profile gravatar of Champy_UK
    Champy_UK
    Participant

Updated version of the Altis Domination XTRA is on the server or availible from Armaholic/ BIS Forum:-
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23292
    or
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173316-Domination-XTRA

Changes:
    Sidemissions…
    – Added: 2 x Rescue TV crew. Complete with barking dogs!
    – Added: 1 x Save our soldiers mission. Complete with barking dogs!
    – Added: 2 x Undercover assassination side missions.
    – Added: 4 x Destroy downed UAV side missions.
    – Added: 2 x Steal the Opfor truck missions.
    – Fixed: Errors generated by side mission 14, (Xirolimni Radio tower).
    – Fixed: Rescue prisoners side missions.
    – Improved: Airlift supplies mission changed so players lift a truck, not a container. Also tweaked it’s spawn location.
    – Improved: Medevac injured sailor made easier to complete. Don’t have to get quite so close to him to pick him up.
    – Improved: Fixed/Improved runway crater clearance missions.
    – Improved: Upgrading of old sidemissions to now include slightly more variation (Ongoing).
    Mission Core features…
    – Added: Combat airsupport by UAV system. TL can call in a UAV with 2 x LGB or 6 x Scalpel. Then designate target with laser.
    – Added: Scoring system for UAV CAS system
    – Added: ‘TCsetskill’function to allow for non Domination spawned soldiers/vehicles.
    – Added: Debug output for sidemissions. Now says if SM was won or failed for bug reporting.
    – Added: Vehicle service points now refill cargo fuel tanks (tanker HEMMT etc).
    – Added: Kandahar type base alarm when base is under attack.
    – Added: New base sabotage manager scripts. Replaces existing Xeno FSMs. Only runs if >4 players in server.
    – Added: Spanish trans to xml. (Thanks to Brigada_Spanish).
    – Added: Mission parameter to enable/disable Domination artillery system.
    – Changed: Team leader drop menu renamed to support menu to include new UAV options.
    – Fixed: Laser designator wasn’t given back to players after revive.
    – Fixed: Mission parameter “Only pilots can fly” now fixed and working.
    – Fixed: Hunter dropped by airdrop function was despawning.
    – Fixed: OPFOR magazines appearing in BLUFOR ammo crates
    – Improved: (Greatly improved) the code that finds landing spot for main target heli reinforcement troops.
    – Improved: Tweaks for CosCore and CosInit. Now doesn’t trigger when players overfly. Also, less civs in larger towns, better balance.
    – Improved: Scoring system to better award points for Domination artillery kills.
    – Removed: Domination weather system.
    – Removed: Non Greek men from civ spawn arrays. Using language commands on them caused errors in Rpt.
    – Removed: Paraexploit handler. (removed the EH that runs it too)

See you on there soon :)
    Champy UK

Anonymous

I’ve put an updated version of the mission on our server.

It’s got a few minor tweaks and fixes, but more importantly, it now has the new DLC content in it.

We’ve introduced the new slilngload system for lifting vehicles, it’s a massive improvement over the old Domi lift although the wreck lift system still uses the old system. Not being able to rope up a wreck seems to be an engine limitation that we simply can’t get around at the moment.

Firing from vehicles is also enabled and is as much fun as it sounds.

Also, the mission is now addon free. You can still use the client side stuff, so CBA, TMR-CSO and bullet hits vallue are suggested, but not required. You don’t need the CTRG or the C130 any more.

This is an interim release. There are still a few broken bits which we hope to fix up in the next few days. Basically, anything that used to the the C130 is busted – we hoped to drop the Huron in as a direct replacement for the Herc, but it’s not as simple as we’d hoped.

version is 3.01b, build 1934

Anonymous

Sig checking has been turned on on the server. Without addons, we were getting loads of publics and griefers. Sig checking will keep the majority of the idiots away but it does mean our little list of suggested client side mods will need bisigns.

So here’s a link to the current client side mods we suggest you use, complete with bisgns. Note that the bullet hits value is new as I had to sign it myself. So you must get this new version.

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/XTRA_Addons/

No other addons are permitted though we’ll install keys for your favourite mods on request.

Profile gravatar of -=XTRA=-tox1m
    -=XTRA=-tox1m
    Participant
    XTRA Veteran

Can you add key for VTS Simple Weapon Resting?
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155553-VTS-Simple-weapon-resting

Anonymous

Yes. Two things, though.

I can’t do it until this evening as I forgot to bring my laptop to work.

Have you tried the weapon resting in tmr-cso? I don’t know how it compares to vts as I’ve never used it but am wondering if you have tried both and prefer vts?

Profile gravatar of -=XTRA=-tox1m
    -=XTRA=-tox1m
    Participant
    XTRA Veteran

Ah i was not aware it had one :) I did some quick comparisons; vts seems to allow resting at places where tmr-cso does not, i also noticed that the tmr-cso resting does not allow resting for pistols. Same goes for rocket launchers.
    VTS resting also allows resting your weapon on the shoulder of a buddy :)

In short, VTS seems to be more forgiving on where to rest your weapon. In some VERY extreme/rare situations, tmr-cso forces you to reveal more of yourself. (with some funny looking body stretching :laugh: )
    http://imgur.com/a/L2ee3

But tmr-cso seems to decrease the weapon sway little more than VTS.

So in the end, i guess its a matter of taste.

Anonymous

That’s pretty conclusive. It’s worth trying vts then. I’ll put the key on this evening but can’t promise a restart immediately as there is a mission in progress with a bunch of scores from last night

Anonymous

Key installed. Just wait until we restart server. :)

Anonymous

Tox, server restarted. I tried VTS and I prefer it so I’m using that now instead of TMR.

Other news. We’re using an experimental build of the server application that’s supposed to be faster and more stable. Players need nothing extra – it’s compatible with the normal version of the game.

Anonymous

Slightly improved version of the mission on the server. Normal lift choppers can now lift MHQs.

Also, we recommend that players remove TMR and replace it with VTS. VTS is better in that it allows ‘weapon sway stopping’ when prone, which TMR doesn’t. Also, TMR is currently bugged and the reload is busted.

Post 2 of this thread changed to reflect this. Link here also.

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/XTRA_Addons/

Anonymous

I’ve just updated the addon download link above. The VTS download didn’t include the userconfig folder and so would not work. It’s set to use tab as the resting key so it’s the same as the TMR it replaces. Apologies for that and thanks to Rik for bringing it to my attention.

In other, much worse news, the 1.36 Arma 3 update breaks our Domination mission. No enemy AI spawn at all and there’s no errors reported. Obviously, this is a substantial kick in the teeth and I’ve messaged one of the BI guys to ask for some help.

I’m pressing ahead with our rebuild mentioned here here and hope to have something playable soon. It won’t have all the features we are so proud of, but it’s better than nothing, which is what we have no.

Anonymous

I’ve fixed the version that was on the server. AI now spawn just fine.

The mission still has the underlying performance problems though so we will continue to remake the mission from scratch, but at least now, you guys can play the mission as intended, even if it will only run for a day or two.

Anonymous

The version of the mission on ther server now is an early alpha version and may have a number of bugs.

Our immediate objective is to get you guys something fairly playable that we can let you get on with while we work towards getting it to a decent stage.

It would be really helpful if users could use the forum threads here to report any problems.

Please don’t be surprised if the mission is taken down frequently. So far we’ve found a dozen problems and fixed them there and then, so there’s often a number of restarts per day.

The server is passworded so that we don’t get busted versions of the mission getting out into the wild. Please give the password only to XTRA guys and our known regulars.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ChatClick here to chat!+