Good cheap steering wheel for driving games

Home Forums Talk Entertainment, Hardware & Software Hardware Corner Good cheap steering wheel for driving games

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of -=XTRA-=Larsiano August 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Madboy
    Madboy
    Participant

Hey guys with the advent of our new xtra racing game event; GTR 2 (which can be downloaded by follow the instructions on our forum, XTRA members only), I am on the look out for a good cheap steering wheel with pedals (under 40 pounds/ 50 euro or $50-$60). I have never owned a steering wheel except a old Xbox one (which i am going to try and modify tonight to work with my PC), so any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Madboy

Profile gravatar of -=XTRA-=Larsiano
    -=XTRA-=Larsiano
    Keymaster
    GetLikeVIPXTRA VeteranFriends

I am not the biggest expert on steering wheels but i have experience in buying a suitable one for myself. I bought a Logitech Formula force for about 70 euro and after 1 hour of playing already gave up on it because of its bad impulse reaction and hollow build. After returning it the next day 1 added another 100 euro just to get the Microsoft FF wheel that does exactly what you expect of it and more. Except for the price this is a great wheel if you like driving games (very cheap second-hand). My brother who was on the Dutch Formula 1 racing league got himself a Logitech Momo that he liked to use during official league games until it broke a year later but i believe that is the ultimate wheel especially the first version with the metal (red) wheel.

The best: Logitech G25 (to expensive)

logitech-g25wheel.jpg

Very nice: MS USB wheels (very cheap second-hand), Logitech Momo (metal or plastic version)
    41V3SFFE7YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Logitech-MOMO-L23-6180-main_79.99.jpg
    momoforce.jpg

The worst: Logitech Formula force = completely plastic, has a weak FF motor and bad sensors

logitechwheel.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ChatClick here to chat!+